Hambden Township Road Department
The Hambden Township Road Department consists of three full-time employees responsible for maintaining 25.53 miles of Township roads. During the summer months, two part-time employees assist the road crew with mowing, trimming, and general upkeep of Hambden Township Park, Hambden Township Cemetery, Sisson Road Cemetery, and the Town Hall grounds. These employees are also used in traffic control while doing road repairs.
The Hambden Township Road Department’s responsibilities include road repair and maintenance, roadside trash removal, ditch cleaning, mowing, snow plowing, and upkeep of the park and two cemeteries. They do repairs and maintenance of the Town Hall buildings and grounds. When possible, the road personnel repair and service the trucks and equipment, saving the taxpayers the cost of taking the equipment to an outside source.
List of road employees:
Steve Wolcott - Road Superintendent
440-286-4364 Ext. 3
Bob Hall - Assistant Road Superintendent
Tim Bowling - Road Worker
Open Board positions available:
Seasonal Temporary Road Department Employee
The Hambden Township Trustees are seeking a seasonal temporary highway worker. This is a part-time temporary position that reports to the Assistant Road Superintendent.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record, High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 18 years old+.
- Manual labor/lifting/bending/walking on uneven surfaces is part of the job as is working in all types of weather.
- Work consists of mowing, string-trimming, road labor, traffic maintenance and other duties as assigned.
- Pre-Employment and Random drug/alcohol screens are mandatory.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
- Pay rate is $15/hour – 20 hours/week.
- Job begins on April 1, 2022 until October 31, 2022.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Return completed employment application via mail or in person to
Hambden Township, 13887 GAR Hwy, Chardon, OH 44024
or via e-mail to email@example.com
Any questions, contact Steve Wolcott at 440-591-3837